The results export feature enables you to export your results for use in a spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel or Open Office. You may export your results in Excel (xls), CSV or MS XML formats.
- The Responses option allows you to select a range of responses to export.
- Use this for exporting surveys that have lots of responses. Often spreadsheet software has a limit to the number of rows that you can import. This option limits the length of the exported file by exporting fewer responses.
- The response slider is double ended. Therefore it allows you to select a range of responses. If you wish to export all responses then leave the slider in the default position.
- The Question option allows you to select a range of questions to export.
- Use this for exporting surveys that have many matrix questions. Often spreadsheet software has a limit to the number of columns you can import. This option limits the width of the exported file by exporting fewer questions.
From (Date & Time and To (Date & Time)
- The From and To date options allow to export responses that were received between a certain date range.
- Export IP addresses.
- If you would like to keep the respondents IP address anonymous then uncheck this option to prevent the IP addresses from being exported.
- Numerical answers
- By default answers are exported in text form. If you wish to perform statistical analysis on the results then you will need to check this option. Once checked your responses will be exported so that a number represents each answer choice, so if for example the participant selected the first answer then 1 will be exported.
Two CSV export modes are available:
- Compact CSV
- A column is created for every question and each text response. Each respondents answer is entered on a separate row.
- Expanded CSV
- A column is created for each answer of each question, columns are marked with either the answer selected or a '1' if there is only one option such as single choice question.
The following file formats are available:
- XLS - The XLS file format is compatible with Excel.
- CSV - CSV files may be imported into Excel, Open office and SSPS.
- XML - The XML file format is compatible with Microsoft Excel.
If you are having problems importing csv files into excel, please follow these instructions: